Ingredients (makes around 12)
For the Crumble:
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Ground Almonds
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Olive Oil
For the Filling:
6 small baking apples
6-8 sticks of rhubarb (depending on size)
2 tbsp Brown sugar (or to suit desired sweetness)
1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Wash, peel and core the apples and rhubarb and chop them into cubes, add the brown sugar and water and place all of the ingredients in a pan and put on heat for around 5 – 10 minutes or until softened to your taste.
- For the crumble, combine the rolled oats, ground almonds, cinnamon, sea salt, maple syrup and olive oil.
- Mix until combined and pour the crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until the crumble is golden.